Sunday, February 21, 2010

Starting Over

WOW! The last time I blogged Saydee had turned one! She is now 2 and Kirbee is 4. I want to get back to blogging and who knows how much time I will have but I am going to try, if I can remember how to do everything. It will probably take a little bit to get back into the swing of things. We have a new goal in our life that we are going to work really hard at. We are cutting back on everything and are going to save money and get out of debt. We started Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey about a week ago. I am dedicated to doing my very best and MAKING this work. We are very blessed and want to be able to give back. I am not a big spender as it is, but in the past if we have wanted something we find a way to get it. But now I am going to use coupons when I shop and not buy anything that is not on sale. I know there are lots of people out there who do this as well and now I am going to join them. We are taking baby steps and each week I am going to try something new. This week I was able to cut my grocery bill in half by just paying close attention to what I bought. Next week I will be using coupons but I did not get a chance to get anything going for this week. I am also (along with some other friends doing the same thing) going to make my own laundry detergent and then this summer when the weather begins to get a little nicer we are going to line dry our clothes. I am thinking about using my dishwasher as a drying rack and hand washing my dishes so that I do not have to use electricity to run my dishwasher. I know it may all sound crazy but we are going to try and see where it leads! Now to leave you with a more current picture of my precious babies!


No comments:

Playlist